- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Software
- Post Date: 02/27/2024
- Website: macstadium.com
- Company Address: 3525 Piedmont Rd NE, Building, Suite 700, Atlanta, GA, 30305
About MacStadiumMacStadium is the leading provider of enterprise-class Apple Mac infrastructure-as-a-service providing scalable, reliable, and secure private clouds and dedicated servers for workloads that require macOS.
Meet MacStadium. We build cloud solutions to simplify Mac for business. We actively participate in and influence the Apple ecosystem in a cool way and have been a part of it since day one. Developers and end users at leading tech companies, big enterprises, and small teams rely on MacStadium’s innovative solutions every day. We have a passionate team of hard working, hard playing professionals with a big, shared vision. Come join us as we grow again!
What we need:
We are looking for an experienced Network Engineer to contribute and assist in the design of current and future infrastructure initiatives. Moreover, the person will play a key role in designing, deploying, and troubleshooting existing and future network solutions. You will be responsible for actively contributing and implementing current best practices as well as working to implement the best available solutions to help scale MacStadium’s network for the future.
This engineer must be able to embrace the entrepreneurial and fasted-paced culture to thrive, ultimately enabling our clients to achieve success. The ideal candidate should be able to develop efficient strategies and tactics to deploy solutions to assist with network growth and address needs before they arise. You will interact broadly across the organization and report directly to the Senior Manager, Engineering.
What you will be doing:
- Partner with Engineering Manager and fellow engineers to design and deploy solutions to service MacStadium customers with the best possible network
- Requires on-site work to manage and install network hardware and cabling
- Establish solutions that help to differentiate MacStadium in the market place
- Collaborate across the organization to influence network design direction and shape solution delivery to promote uptime and reliability
- Take the lead on trouble shooting network wide issues as well as customer specific issues as appropriate
- Stay abreast of industry trends and current and emerging technologies that could benefit MacStadium and our customers
- Assist and lead network maintenance to further the growth and stability of the MacStadium network
- Work with data center managers and other engineers to ensure the best possible experience for our customers
- Assist Sales in responding to network design needs of current and potential clients
- Help to mentor, develop, and grow next generation network engineering leadership
What skills and experience you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree; Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Engineering/Science preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in network engineering
- 5+ years of related professional experience troubleshooting large scale networks
- Certification as a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent experience
- Experience with Enterprise Cisco software like Cisco Data Center Network Manager and Cisco DNA Center
- Experience with Cisco UCS hardware
- Experience being on an on-call rotation for after-hours breakfix support
- Experience with IT security standards and protocols
- Expert understanding of routing protocols OSPF and BGP
- Working knowledge of VXLAN and modern spine leaf architecture
- Working knowledge of Cisco ASA firewalls with the ability to support and deploy new solutions
- Knowledge in configuration and troubleshooting ESXi environments a plus
- Expert understanding of the interrelation of all layers of the OSI model
- Demonstrated experience managing threat response and network security concerns
- Experience working in a global organization supporting diverse businesses and geographies
- Ability to successfully manage and execute multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills including crafting vision, strategy, roadmaps, and a demonstrated ability to produce crisp and easily understandable deliverables
What you will get:
- Day one benefits. Coverage starts on day one. We offer competitive medical insurance, health and dependent care spending accounts, health savings account, disability insurance, and company paid and voluntary life insurance.
- Balanced life. We offer employees generous paid time-off policies, parental leave, holiday schedule, and a flexible work environment; MacStadium understands life also happens outside of work. Did we mention free company swag?
- Solid future. Beyond competitive salary and 401(k) matching, MacStadium offers continuing education, professional development, and wellness reimbursements.
MacStadium has a defined Information Security Policy and all employees are required to adhere to this policy and sign an acknowledgment and receipt of this policy upon hire.
All offers of employment are conditioned upon successful completion of a background screening process and all employees must comply with the immigration rules and laws in the jurisdiction in which he/she/they will provide MacStadium services.
MacStadium is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, marital and family status, religion and religious belief, age, disability, results of genetic information, and service in the military.