- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Marketing/PR/Product Mktg
- Industry: Communications Technology
- Post Date: 11/21/2023
- Website: onxmaps.com
- Company Address: 1925 Brooks Street, Missoula, MT, 59801
About onxMapsonX embodies the Montana spirit., with our headquarters in Montana and Basecamp locations (talent centers) throughout the US we are inspired by the landscapes that surround us.
As a pioneer in digital outdoor navigation with a suite of apps, onX was founded in Montana, which in turn has inspired our mission to awaken the adventurer inside everyone. With more than 300 employees located around the country working in largely remote / hybrid roles, we have created regional “Basecamps” to help remote employees find connection and inspiration with other onXers. We bring our outdoor passion to work every day, coupling it with industry-leading technology to craft dynamic outdoor experiences.
Through multiple years of growth, we haven’t lost our entrepreneurial ethos at onX. We offer a fast-paced, growing, tech-forward environment where ownership, accountability, and passion for winning as a team are essential. We value diversity and believe it leads to different perspectives and inspires both new adventures and new growth. As a team, we’re hungry to improve, value innovation, and believe great ideas come from any direction.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
onX is seeking a Lifecycle Marketing Manager with a passion for marketing automation. As part of our marketing automation team, you will focus on conversion and engagement strategies with execution in native onboarding flows, in-app messaging, email, and push notification. Connecting with outdoor enthusiasts who use the onX apps every day, you'll be able to immediately see the impact of your work and help us advance our mission of inspiring others to find their own adventures off the beaten path. This position will report to the Head of Lifecycle & Marketing Automation.
As an onX Lifecycle Marketing Manager, your essential job duties and responsibilities will look like:
- Own the end-to-end management of product onboarding and trial to purchase conversion including multi-channel recommendations, creation, deployment, testing, optimization, analysis and reporting.
- Collaboration with product, paid media, brand, business intelligence, and engineering teams.
- Leadership of mid funnel performance analysis
- Generation of customer insights through in app behavior analysis
- Assist in retention focused marketing efforts
- Consulting as a subject matter expert in the channels of in app messaging, email, and push messaging
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Five (5) or more years of experience leading lifecycle, email, CRM and/or Engagement Marketing programs (B2C experience preferred)
- A passion for understanding and improving customer journeys
- Considerable experience with marketing automation (Braze experience a plus)
- Demonstrable experience deriving and using customer behavior insights and data to understand the customer base (Amplitude, Tableau, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Ability to partner with Product Teams to develop programs by cohorts to improve personalization, and create tailored messaging streams
- Ability to formulate creative, hypothesis-driven tests and conduct them from ideation all the way through to post-hoc analysis.
- Strong project management skills including: conceptualization, driving alignment, planning resources, managing deadlines and objectives, delivering analysis and recommendations (Jira/Asana experience a plus)
- A shared passion for and ability to demonstrate onX’s Company Values
- Permanent US work authorization is a condition of employment with onX.
Though not required, we would be thrilled to consider candidates with any of the following:
- Experience working with Braze
- Mobile app marketing experience
- Experience with design tools (Adobe, Figma, etc.) a plus
- Passion for the outdoors; understanding of the outdoor industry
WHERE YOU CAN WORK
onX has created a thriving distributed workforce community across several US locations. This position can only be performed from an onX corporate office, “Basecamp,” or “Talent Cluster.”
- Corporate Offices: onX’s was founded in Montana with offices in Missoula and Bozeman. If you prefer to work in an office at least part of the time this is a great option.
- Basecamps: onX’s Basecamps are established virtual workforce communities where a sizable number of distributed team members group for work, volunteering, socializing, and adventure.
- Our current Basecamps are located within a 90-mile radius of the following: Austin, TX; Charlotte, NC; Denver, CO; Minneapolis, MN; Portland, OR; Salt Lake City, UT; and Seattle, WA.
- Talent Clusters: onX’s Talent Cluster locations are smaller, emerging communities of distributed team members.
- Our current Talent Clusters are located within a 60-mile radius of the following: Boise, ID; Charleston, SC; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Richmond, VA; Spokane, WA; and Vermont.
HOW YOU’LL BE COMPENSATED
onX is committed to compensating all employees fairly and equitably for their contributions. For this position, applicants can expect to make between $85,000 to $105,000 upon hire. The pay range will vary based on experience, skills, certifications, and education among other factors as required in the job description. In addition, full-time onX employees are eligible for a grant of common share options with a vesting schedule and a potential annual bonus of 10% based on company performance.
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salaries, annual bonuses, equity, and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive health benefits including a no-monthly-cost medical plan
- Parental leave plan of 5 or 13 weeks fully paid
- 401k matching at 100% for the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures and amazing outdoor industry perks
- Annual “Get Out, Get Active” funds to fuel your active lifestyle in and outside of the gym
- Flexible time away package that includes PTO, STO, VTO, quiet weeks, and floating holidays
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The following physical requirements represent those that are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting - [90%]
- Standing - [0%]
- Walking - [10%]
- Bending - [Occasionally]
- Kneeling - [Some]
- Lifting - [Up to 25 pounds]
- Reaching - [Regularly]
- Telephone Use - [Yes]
- Computer Use/Manual Dexterity - Yes
- Travel - Depends on location; remote employees typically travel to Montana twice per year.
onX COMPANY VALUES
Our principles guide the decisions making of our company. They define the culture at onX, what we have learned through experience and are the code by which we operate. They are fundamental, enduring and actionable–a benchmark by which we measure the team behavior and performance.
We put the customer first.
We are passionate.
We win as a team.
We take ownership.
We work with urgency.
We are curious and seek the truth.
We innovate & take risks.
Position open until filled.
At onX, we believe that diversity makes us better. Bringing together a diverse set of backgrounds, ideas, and opinions helps us to achieve our mission to awaken the adventurer in everyone. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. onX is committed to equal opportunity not only in our hiring practices but also in our employment practices, including but not limited to development, compensation, and promotion. We strive to build an inclusive work community where everyone can be their authentic self, and together, we win as a team. Come join us!
onX is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.