- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Healthcare Services
- Post Date: 05/25/2023
- Website: pharmscript.com
- Company Address: 150 Pierce Street, Somerset, NJ, 08873
About PharmScriptPharmScript provides superior pharmacy services in support of long-term and post-acute care facilities. We improve the accuracy, timeliness, accessibility, and efficiency of pharmacy services, consistently providing exemplary client service.
PharmScript is one of the nation’s leading pharmacies, partnering with long-term and post- acute care facilities to supply medications to thousands of residents and patients. When you join the PharmScript family, you join the ranks of more than 2,000 dedicated people across the country who help to get safe, accurate, and timely medication to those who need it most.
We’re looking for a Staff Pharmacist to join our PharmScript team within our pharmacist department. In this role, you’ll provide comprehensive pharmaceutical care through routine and emergency drug screening, information, processing, and dispensing services for various drug distribution systems to the facilities. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring that standards are maintained, policies carried out and objectives accomplished.
The ideal candidate will be organized, detail-oriented and have established management experience. They will be required to consistently ensure that the appropriate drug product reaches the customer safely. Always a team player, you’re eager to support your colleagues by sharing knowledge and leadership to support the overall goals of the pharmacy and needs of customers.
- Execute day-to-day operations in the pharmacy as they pertain to workflow, production quotas and deadlines.
- Clarification review to determine the appropriateness of resolve, whereby executing clinical judgement to either process the order or assign to the applicable departments to perform passive outreach to complete.
- Respond to multi-media (Telephony, Mediprocity & Email) communication escalations for clinical or IV questions, delivery issues, NarcCode / STAT / LRP requests and MD paging.
- Process Admission Alerts, check overnight the Admissions dashboard for all remote pharmacy locations; in addition to, triage orders received in the ERX folders or Docutrack.
- Must possess a pleasant demeanor, also be willing and capable of problem solving, taking ownership of escalated issues, applying the appropriate fix, and following up with the facilities.
- Maintaining a high level of facility satisfaction, keeping Client Services and leadership apprised of account status changes, along with updating information, relevant to the health of our “hot home” accounts.
- Ensure that the pharmacy is compliant with all local, state, and federal rules and regulations regarding the practice of pharmacy.
- Ensure that the pharmacy is compliant with all DEA policies and procedures and follows all applicable government regulations.
- Must be willing and able to acquire licensure in the states that PharmScript operates in.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited School of Pharmacy
- Current license to practice pharmacy in good standing
- Proficient in the area of clinical interpretation: drug-drug, drug-disease, drug-food interactions and allergies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective multitasking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include evening, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- May drive long distances on a regular basis
PharmScript is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation and gender identity or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.