- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Healthcare Services
- Post Date: 05/25/2023
- Website: pharmscript.com
- Company Address: 150 Pierce Street, Somerset, NJ, 08873
About PharmScriptPharmScript provides superior pharmacy services in support of long-term and post-acute care facilities. We improve the accuracy, timeliness, accessibility, and efficiency of pharmacy services, consistently providing exemplary client service.
PharmScript is one of the nation's leading pharmacies, partnering with long-term and post- acute care facilities to supply medications to thousands of residents and patients. When you join the PharmScript family, you join the ranks of more than 1,700 dedicated people across the country who help to get safe, accurate, and timely medication to those who need it most.
We're looking for a Pharmacy Technician 1 to join our PharmScript team within our Floor Technician department. As a Pharmacy Technician 1, you’ll support the on-site pharmacist to prepare prescription orders for facilities. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that pharmacy standards are maintained, policies are carried out and objectives are accomplished.
The ideal candidate is a people person who enjoys troubleshooting and resolving problems and is dedicated to helping customers. For you, no task feels too small and no challenge impossible. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Assisting the Pharmacist with proper labeling and filling prescriptions
- Accurately preparing prescriptions under the Pharmacist’s supervision
- Packaging Rx labels with an in-depth understanding of Framework system
- Packaging medications in bottles or bingo cards for dispensing and for delivery
- Restocking and organizing the pharmacy shelves (Drugs, supplies, etc.)
- Removing out of date items from inventory/shelves
- Refilling offsite inventory boxes with emergency medications.
- Basic operation of pharmacy automation (Accuflex, Dosis, E2, etc.)
- Replenishing Tharo and Zebra labels and maintaining other various pharmacy equipment
- Other duties set by management.
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Pharmacy Technician educational course work preferred
- Registered technician or registration in process unless required by applicable state
- One year or more of Long-Term Care or Retail pharmacy experience preferred
- Able to work independently as well as in a diverse, team environment
- Able to stand on feet for 8 hours
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytical problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Effective multitasking
- Reliable, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, professional demeanor
PharmScript is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disabiity, veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.