- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Healthcare Services
- Post Date: 05/25/2023
- Website: pharmscript.com
- Company Address: 150 Pierce Street, Somerset, NJ, 08873
About PharmScriptPharmScript provides superior pharmacy services in support of long-term and post-acute care facilities. We improve the accuracy, timeliness, accessibility, and efficiency of pharmacy services, consistently providing exemplary client service.
PharmScript is one of the nation’s leading pharmacies, partnering with long-term and post- acute care facilities to supply medications to thousands of residents and patients. When you join the PharmScript family, you join the ranks of more than 1,700 dedicated people across the country who help to get safe, accurate, and timely medication to those who need it most.
We’re looking for a Pharmacy Technician-IV to join our PharmScript team within our IV department. As a Pharmacy Technician-IV, you’ll perform compounding and any other tasks that relate to the dispensing of infusion therapy.
The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail and is an effective communicator. They are always a team player, eager to jump in where needed and collaborate with others to support the goals of the pharmacy and needs of customers.
• Adhere to all state and federal pharmacy regulations including HIPPA
• Comply with and perform best practices as outlined/described in USP <797>
• Perform sanitation, maintenance and tracking of infusion equipment and the IV room
• Perform pharmaceutics infusion compounding activities
• Ability to mix and compound IV medications from a Laminar Flow Hood or Sterile Glovebox is essential
• Knowledge of IV medications and supplies
• Complies with departmental policies regarding safety, attendance, and dress code.
• Other duties as assigned
• Overtime, holidays and weekends may be required and/or expected
• Other duties set by management.
• High school degree or GED is required
• 1 year previous IV experience required
• Must be a registered Pharmacy Technician in the applicable state
• 1 year or more of long-term care or retail pharmacy experience preferred
• Successful completion of all PharmScript Sterile Compounding Training Competencies
• Registered technician or registration should be in the process
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Effective communicator
• Quick and independent learner
• Able to work independently as well as in a diverse, team environment
• Ability to meet physical demands involving extended periods of standing, walking, bending, kneeling and reaching
• Excellent communication skills, professional demeanor Environmental Factors: The physical demands described here are representative of those that should be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day
• The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, walk, crawl intermittently
• May be necessary to work extended hours as needed
• May lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role:
• Noise from machinery
• Extreme temperature shifts
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PharmScript is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation and gender identity or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.