- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering QA
- Industry: Software
- Post Date: 01/20/2023
- Website: visier.com
- Company Address: 858 Beatty St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B, CA
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About VisierVisier helps you to see the truth. The market leader in Workforce Analytics, Visier is a cloud-based analytics application that delivers fast, clear people insight.
Visier is the leader in people analytics. We are passionate about a 'people first' approach to business strategy and our addictive technology is transforming the way that organisations make decisions. Recently closing a hugely successful funding round and a landmark $1b valuation, Visier is embarking on an incredible phase of its 12 year growth Journey.
As a Test Developer Co-op at Visier, you will work with the Test Enablement Team and will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of the Visier application.
Our co-op experience is unique and designed to prepare you for professional success as you work on real, impactful work from the beginning...not features that may be mothballed after 8 months of hard work! Our ultimate goal is to give you the mentorship, training, and work experience you need to start your career. A number of our students return to us after they graduate and start developing their professional career at Visier! We use a variety of frontend technologies including Angular, NgRx, Play Framework, TypeScript, Less, and others. We deal with large volumes of data every day. And in our backend areas we work with technologies like Scala, Kafka, Consul, Cassandra DB, Docker, AWS, etc. So, you’ll be developing knowledge and skills that are transferable anywhere.
What you'll be doing...
- Manual testing, building automated tests, and data validation
- Working with developers to create and sign off test plans
- Writing end-to-end UI automated tests and REST tests
- Setting up Jenkins CI pipeline to automate common tasks
- Performing final checks to ensure the software we release is beautiful
What you'll bring to the table...
- Coding skills in writing functional tests using Selenium and REST Assured
- Some knowledge in one of the following areas:
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of web technologies (REST, XML, JSON, Angular12)
- Knowledge of SQL databases and SQL language is an asset
Student benefits & perks...
There is always something fun happening at Visier. Our community events bring people together—celebrating what we have done, our journey ahead, and the learning along the way.
- Basecamp experience
- Learning and development
- Technical up-skilling program
- Time off benefits
- See additional perks here
Most importantly, you share our values...
- You roll up your sleeves
- You make it easy
- You are proud
- You never stop learning
- You play to win
Health & Safety at Visier
Visier is committed to creating a safe and healthy environment for our employees, customers and community. As part of this commitment, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for an exemption.