Site Reliability Engineer Co-op (May 2023 - December 2023)
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Software
- Post Date: 01/20/2023
- Website: visier.com
- Company Address: 858 Beatty St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B, CA
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About VisierVisier helps you to see the truth. The market leader in Workforce Analytics, Visier is a cloud-based analytics application that delivers fast, clear people insight.
Visier is the leader in people analytics. We are passionate about a 'people first' approach to business strategy and our addictive technology is transforming the way that organisations make decisions. Recently closing a hugely successful funding round and a landmark $1b valuation, Visier is embarking on an incredible phase of its 12 year growth Journey.
Our co-op experience is unique and designed to prepare you for professional success as you work on real, impactful work from the beginning. Our ultimate goal is to give you the mentorship, training, and work experience you need to start your career. A number of our students return to us after they graduate and start developing their professional career at Visier! We use cool state-of-the-art technology that is common in large scalable systems involving lots of data, our frameworks include Cassandra, kubernetes, and Kafka. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn fundamental AWS skills that are transferable anywhere.
As an SRE co-op at Visier, you will work on our DevOps scrum team to assist in the development of our deployment framework, Jenkins pipelines, and various infrastructure improvement projects.
What you'll be doing...
- Working on a framework to deploy highly available services in Amazon Web Services (AWS) using Terraform, Packer, and Jenkins
- Writing code to automate common SRE processes using Python, Groovy, and Jenkins
- Writing secure code to safeguard Visier and our customers' data, including developing our application security infrastructure
- Working with various infrastructure services including:
- Kong API gateway
- Database systems: Cassandra and Postgres
What you'll bring to the table...
- We are looking for someone with a deep curiosity, good problem solving skills, and a strong sense of urgency
- Coding skills in Java, Scala, Python, or Groovy
- A passion for doing infrastructure as code
- Knowledge in one of the following areas would be an advantage:
- Deployment and configuration management tools
- AWS and experience with operating various services in it
- Linux internals and systems administration
- Networking principles
Student benefits & perks...
There is always something fun happening at Visier. Our community events bring people together—celebrating what we have done, our journey ahead, and the learning along the way.
- Basecamp experience
- Learning and development
- Technical up-skilling program
- Time off benefits
- See additional perks here
Most importantly, you share our values...
- You roll up your sleeves
- You make it easy
- You are proud
- You never stop learning
- You play to win
Health & Safety at Visier
Visier is committed to creating a safe and healthy environment for our employees, customers and community. As part of this commitment, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for an exemption.