- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Healthcare IT
- Post Date: 11/25/2022
- Website: eclinicalsol.com
- Company Address: 603 West Street , Mansfield, MA, 02048
About eClinical SolutionseClinical Solutions helps life sciences organizations around the world accelerate clinical development initiatives with expert data services and the elluminate Clinical Data Cloud - the foundation of digital trials.
eClinical Solutions helps life sciences organizations around the world accelerate clinical development initiatives with expert data services and the elluminate Clinical Data Cloud – the foundation of digital trials. Together, the elluminate platform and digital data services give clients self-service access to all their data from one centralized location plus advanced analytics that help them make smarter, faster business decisions.
The eClinical Solutions Engineering team has true greenfield opportunities for software engineers who want to develop innovative revenue-generating products that are revolutionizing the life sciences industry. You will work on a team that is developing enterprise-level clinical data software. At eClinical Solutions, you will be recognized and rewarded for your ideas and accomplishments, all while contributing to the latest disruptive technology incorporating modern software architectures, data science, and advanced analytics.
You will make an impact:
As a Senior Development Manager, you will be a member of the elluminate product development team. elluminate is a next generation data integration and analytics cloud platform that enables life sciences organizations to optimize the aggregation, standardization, and analysis of their data throughout the clinical development life cycle. You will directly manage a team working to deliver software to meet customer, business, and/or technology needs. You will own existing as well as new software in several functional and/or technology areas. As the owner, you are accountable for the customer experience, project prioritization, software quality, product maintainability, and the growth of the engineers that report to you.
Accelerate your skills and career within a fast-growing company while impacting the future of healthcare.
Your day to day:
- Own the day-to-day management of software development
- Understand development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and apply them effectively to ensure timely delivery of high-quality software, yielding optimal team productivity and innovation potential
- Effectively prioritize deliverables
- Stay connected and resolve blockers that could derail development schedules
- Help your software developers grow by encouraging them to contribute to technical discussions, supporting their ideas, and empowering them to make decisions
- Ensure both business and engineering requirements are well-defined
- Deep dive into technical details and transform raw thoughts into clear direction
- Protect your team from being over-committed, recognizing that their ability to meet every expectation will at times be constrained
- Proactively communicate priorities, development status, and team challenges to stakeholders and management
- Collaborate with the SQA and other cross-functional teams to ensure alignment in meeting release schedules
Take the first step towards your dream career. Here is what we are looking for in this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent work experience preferred
- Experience managing a software development team composition from 4 to 8 developers
- Capable of managing a software team with a business problem, product and/or technology strategy not yet defined
- Proven engineering experience in understanding and applying correct design approaches within a technical domain
- Knowledgeable in the consequences that can arise from poor technical decisions. Has experience in making trade-offs: features versus resources (time) and quality
- Experience leading teams to invent, improve, evolve and/or deprecate software, drives resolution of architectural deficiencies, and finds a path forward in difficult situations
- Demonstrated experience in the establishment and streamlining of development practices to ensure the highest quality of software and operational excellence
- Experience influencing strategic direction of team and alignment with business objectives
- Practical understanding of industry technologies, engineering best practices, and software design approaches
- Proven ability to work independently as well as with other team members (Start-Up environment experience is a plus)
- Capable of effective business and technical discussions; writing clear documentation
- Experience influencing the adoption and maturation of software development lifecycle methodologies to improve software quality
Accelerate your skills and career within a fast-growing company while impacting the future of healthcare. We have shared our story, now we look forward to learning yours!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. Our management team is committed to the principle that employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, culture fit and business need.