- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Semiconductors & Electronics
- Post Date: 08/03/2022
- Website: macomtech.com
- Company Address: 100 Chelmsford Street, Lowell, MA, 01851
About MACOMMACOM designs and manufactures semiconductor products for Data Center, Telecommunication and Industrial and Defense applications.
MACOM designs and manufactures semiconductor products for Data Center, Telecommunication and Industrial and Defense applications. Headquartered in Lowell, Massachusetts, MACOM has design centers and sales offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia. MACOM is certified to the ISO9001 international quality standard and ISO14001 environmental management standard.
MACOM has more than 70 years of application expertise with multiple design centers, Si, GaAs and InP fabrication, manufacturing, assembly and test, and operational facilities throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. In addition, MACOM offers foundry services that represents a key core competency within our business.
MACOM sells and distributes products globally via a sales channel comprised of a direct field sales force, authorized sales representatives and leading industry distributors. Our sales team is trained across all of our products to give our customers insights into our entire portfolio.
MACOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
- Design and architect MACOM’s *nix and cloud landscape
- Installing, configuring, maintaining, performing upgrades and downgrades, troubleshooting, documenting systems, servers, and rest of IT infrastructure.
- Configuring, maintaining, upgrading, troubleshooting, and documenting cloud infrastructure.
- Provide technical recommendations for services performance and reliability improvements.
- Provide process improvements and enable enhancements.
- Enable automation wherever applicable.
- Porting applications and systems to cloud.
- Self-motivated, professional attitude, and logical decision-making ability.
- Strong, hands-on knowledge and experience with *nix and any cloud platform must.
- Good experience in configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet etc.
- Partner with business to gather requirements and ensure needs are being met.
- Architecture: Recommends and develops mission critical solutions; makes recommendations to address capacity constraints, performance limitation on wide range of technologies.
- Project management: Ability to provide a thorough planning approach to large scale projects.
- Ability to define physical and logical resources needed to complete a project and meet deadlines.
- Inter-personal and communication skills: Capable of writing proposals or papers, acting as a supplier liaison, making presentations to customers, clients, and professional peers.
- 5-8+ years related Linux and cloud ( AWS preferred ) experience
- 10+ years of IT related experience
- Ability to work independently and in teams reaching high levels of productivity
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrates strong work ethics
- Technical Certifications.
- Other relevant certifications
- Bachelors or advanced degree desired but not required
- Coding or shell scripting experience would be added advantage
- Experience working within the Semiconductor Industry
- Contracts and vendor management.
- Exposure to Atlassian tools JIRA/Confluence