- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering QA
- Industry: Semiconductors & Electronics
- Post Date: 08/03/2022
- Website: macomtech.com
- Company Address: 100 Chelmsford Street, Lowell, MA, 01851
About MACOMMACOM designs and manufactures semiconductor products for Data Center, Telecommunication and Industrial and Defense applications.
MACOM designs and manufactures semiconductor products for Data Center, Telecommunication and Industrial and Defense applications. Headquartered in Lowell, Massachusetts, MACOM has design centers and sales offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia. MACOM is certified to the ISO9001 international quality standard and ISO14001 environmental management standard.
MACOM has more than 65 years of application expertise with multiple design centers, Si, GaAs and InP fabrication, manufacturing, assembly and test, and operational facilities throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. Click here to view our facilities. In addition, MACOM offers foundry services that represents a key core competency within our business.
MACOM sells and distributes products globally via a sales channel comprised of a direct field sales force, authorized sales representatives and leading industry distributors. Our sales team is trained across all of our products to give our customers insights into our entire portfolio.
MACOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
MACOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. MACOM will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military obligations, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law.
Reasonable Accommodation. MACOM is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you have a disability and are in need of a reasonable accommodation with respect to any part of the application process please call +1-978-656-2500 or email HR_Ops@MACOM.com. Provide your name, phone number and the position title and location in which you are interested, and nature of accommodation needed, and we will get back to you. We also work with current employees who request or need reasonable accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Senior Test Development Engineer
As a Senior Test Development Engineer at MACOM, you will partner with Device Integration Engineering and Test Engineering teams to develop and deploy wafer-level test procedures at MACOM’s semiconductor foundry in Lowell, MA. You will be challenged by a diverse mix of product technologies, as MACOM serves a broad spectrum of high-performance markets “from RF to light”. You will be responsible for developing new device test procedures and supporting their seamless transition into the production test environment. Your skills and knowledge related to DC and RF test and measurement instruments and methods will be key to your success, as will your attention to detail, ability to communicate ideas and your passion for excellence.
- Coordinate and execute engineering tests of a wide variety of diode, transistor, and passive device structures to characterize key performance characteristics.
- Collaborate with Technology Development and Device Integration Engineering teams to develop and formalize test plans for process control monitor (PCM) testing of new technologies and transition to production Test Engineering.
- Support continuous improvement efforts to enhance test accuracy, repeatability, and throughput for testing of existing production technologies.
- Specify, acquire, and integrate test equipment required to support specified test plans.
- Respond to and support internal engineering customers to identify and remedy any test related root causes.
- Support advanced device and circuit characterization, including pulsed IV, small signal RF, and loadpull.
- Collaborate with Device Integration Engineering, Test Engineering, and Manufacturing Operations to achieve robust test solution performance in support of quality and productivity goals.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent and 4+ years of experience in device or circuit test engineering and test solution development. Candidates with more advanced degrees and/or more experience are preferred.
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills for test hardware and software.
- Advanced knowledge of DC and RF test instrumentation, fixtures, control software, measurements, and methods.
- Theoretical understanding of semiconductor device physics and their application in practical commercial device fabrication and test.
- Extensive experience in testing two or more of the following device types: GaAs pHEMT, GaN HEMT, RF MOSFET, PIN diode, Schottky diode.
- Fluency in one or more high level programming languages, such as C#, Python, Perl, or Visual Basic.
- Working knowledge and practical experience applying Gauge R&R or ANOVA to test solutions.
- Mature data analysis skills using tools such as JMP, Minitab, and Excel/Access.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with engineering peer groups in a dynamic, collaborative and results-oriented environment.
- Practical experience applying Six Sigma, Shainin, or other problem-solving methods is a plus.
- Working knowledge and practical experience with SPC, DOE and hypothesis testing is a plus.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residence is required.