- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Technical/Customer Support
- Industry: Software
- Post Date: 08/03/2022
- Website: macstadium.com
- Company Address: 3565 Piedmont Road NW Building 4, Suite 460, Atlanta, GA, 30305
About MacStadiumMacStadium is the leading provider of enterprise-class Apple Mac infrastructure-as-a-service providing scalable, reliable, and secure private clouds and dedicated servers for workloads that require macOS.
Meet MacStadium. We build cloud solutions to simplify Mac for business. We actively participate in and influence the Apple ecosystem in a cool way and have been a part of it since day one. Developers and end users at leading tech companies, big enterprises, and small teams rely on MacStadium’s innovative solutions every day. We have a passionate team of hard working, hard playing professionals with a big, shared vision. Come join us as we grow again!
What we need:
We are seeking an Application Support Developer that will play a crucial role in building support for the growing suite of MacStadium’s customer facing software platforms. Our customer software includes:
- Our container software technology called Orka, a software solution technology based on Docker and Kubernetes
- Our plugins and integrations for software platforms like Jenkins, Github, BuildKite, etc.
- The Customer Portal for managing customers’ accounts, resources, and services at MacStadium
This is a customer facing role that will involve helping configure, customize, support, troubleshoot and develop bug fixes. Daily tasks include customer support, configuration research and customization, system integration configuration, and product support for bug/feature releases. This role requires strong problem-solving skills and the ability to investigate complex systems. The role will be a member of our growing Development Team and report to the Chief Technology Officer with deep collaboration with our Global Operations Team.
What you will be doing:
- Providing customer support and solutions for our Kubernetes-based Orka product
- Provide triage, break fix, bug detection, troubleshooting and communication to customers
- Assist with configuration and customer customization for production and POC environments
- Identify and repair environment issues, bugs and configuration challenges
- Assist the development team with bug fixes, automations and patch management
- Develop documentation and knowledge base content
- Collaborating and coordinating with Engineering/Operations support to provide end to end customer support solutions
What Skills and Experience you need to have:
- 1 - 2 years in software support role
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or technology related degree; Code boot camp or equivalent experience will be considered
- 1 years working with software development teams or software break/fix
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes technologies required
- Familiarity with SaaS platform operations/support
- Familiarity with Linux command line
- Familiarity with macOS and Apple hardware
- Understanding of virtualization technologies
- Basic understanding of networks and IP
This position operates in a professional office environment and physical requirements include but are not limited to:
- Prolonged sitting at a desk and working in a computer
- On call rotation for after hours support
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
- Investigative and troubleshooting initiative
- Organizational and documentation skills
- Technical Capacity
- Willingness to learn
- Critical thinking and multi-tasking
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work productively in team environment
- Ability to provide technical support and resolve issues for customers
- Attention to detail, analytical and troubleshooting skills
What you will get:
- The opportunity to work with an innovative company that has proven to be the leader in Mac cloud solutions, supporting the developer teams of iOS and macOS apps you use everyday.
- To work as part of our diverse and creative team of experts who collaborate with integrity and respect.
- Competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package.