- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Software
- Post Date: 08/03/2022
- Website: macstadium.com
- Company Address: 3565 Piedmont Road NW Building 4, Suite 460, Atlanta, GA, 30305
About MacStadiumMacStadium is the leading provider of enterprise-class Apple Mac infrastructure-as-a-service providing scalable, reliable, and secure private clouds and dedicated servers for workloads that require macOS.
MacStadium is the leading managed Mac cloud solution in the world and is headquartered in Atlanta, GA. We offer the only enterprise-class cloud solution for Apple Mac computers, providing critical infrastructure for iOS and macOS developers at leading tech companies, big enterprises, and more. MacStadium is part of an ecosystem where apps and programs are built that are changing the way people live. It’s likely that numerous apps on your iPhone were built or tested in MacStadium’s data centers.
We are seeking a Data Center Technician to provide a variety of services to build and maintain MacStadium’s patented technology and infrastructure. This position works closely with engineering teams performing hardware and system builds, as well as configuring and troubleshooting new or existing infrastructure.
This position requires flexibility with shift including availability to work nights and weekends on an as needed basis.
What you will be doing:
- Assist with the build and install of compute, storage and network infrastructure at the data center. You will be responsible for all aspects of maintaining and operating a world class data center
- Complete general system and network configurations s for MacOS, Windows, VMware and MacStadium proprietary software
- Troubleshoot and repair infrastructure issues - hands on diagnostic and repair work including racks, switches and cabling
- Coordinate with Engineers and Project Managers to complete large new infrastructure build projects
- Ensure heating and cooling systems are operational and satisfy environmental requirements
- Maintain inventory counts of all company assets
- Work directly with customers to provide excellent service while ensuring the expected performance of their infrastructure
- Record and update documentation of work operations, incident reports, and outages; assist Service Desk Analysts during incidents and by providing backup coverage as needed
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis of infrastructure failures as required
- Maintain a positive work environment, encourage healthy organizational morale, and promote safety at all times
What skills and experience you need to have:
- Minimum of 1-3 years technical experience within the Information Technology field including experience with MacOS, Windows and VMware
- Experience with multiple types of hardware (experience with Mac hardware a huge plus)
- Experience with the basics of center infrastructure build and cabling
- Existing IT infrastructure certifications are a plus, as is a willingness to obtain relevant certifications within the first year of employment
- Previous experience with an incident ticketing and tracking system such as Jira is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills; results-oriented team player
- Ability to work and succeed within a global team environment
- A strong desire to continuously learn new technologies
Physical demands and requirements:
The position operates in a data center environment and physical requirements include but are not limited to:
- Able to safely use a ladder (ascend and descend heights up to approximately 10ft/3m)
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs/23 kg
- Full use of hands to fingers and use of hand tools
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing
- Able to distinguish different colors
What you will get:
- The opportunity to work with an early stage company that has proven to be the leader in Mac cloud solutions with people that are excited to come to work every day.
- The opportunity to work with an innovative and creative team at our state of the art Data Center.
- Competitive pay & great benefits.
MacStadium has a defined Information Security Policy and all employees are required to adhere to this policy and sign an acknowledgment and receipt of this policy upon hire.
All offers of employment are conditioned upon successful completion of a background screening process and all employees must comply with the immigration rules and laws in the jurisdiction in which he/she will provide MacStadium services.
MacStadium is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, marital and family status, religion and religious belief, age, disability, results of genetic information, and service in the military.
No agencies please.