AvePoint accelerates your digital transformation success. Over 16,000 companies and 6 million SharePoint and Office 365 users worldwide trust AvePoint software and services for their data migration, management, and protection needs in the cloud, on-premises and hybrid environments.
A four-time Microsoft Partner of the Year, AvePoint has been named to the Inc. 500|5000 six times and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ five times. AvePoint is a Microsoft Global ISV Partner, and four-time Microsoft Partner of the Year Award winner. Founded in 2001, AvePoint is privately held and headquartered in Jersey City, NJ.
We look for people who value agility, passion and teamwork; those who can bring fresh ideas to the table and want the opportunity to learn, grow, and expand their careers. Bring your aptitude and build upon what you do best at for our customers, partners, team, and you.
AvePoint is seeking a Business Analyst with enterprise software solutions experience to join us in our Client Services division.
What will you be doing?
The Business Analyst analyzes business processes and applicable automated systems, and develops As-Is and To-Be descriptions. This individual leads requirements gathering and analysis activities, prepares and delivers written and oral communications, participates in testing activities, helps design methods and procedures for internal and external projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Elicit requirements for software development using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analyses.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into detail, identify risks, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Translate technical information into business language to ensure understanding of the requirements by both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Operate as the liaison between the business units, technology teams, and support teams.
- Support the project manager and other team members in planning deliverables, scope, schedule, and other aspects of the project
- Supervise at least two junior team members, including conducting interviews, making hiring recommendations, conducting regular 1-on-1 meetings, drafting IDPs, and completing performance evaluations.
OK, I’m interested… is this the job for me?
You will need to be a confident individual with the ability to motivate a team and ensure high standards are maintained. This role requires someone that can work on complex issues simultaneously and is able to provide viable solutions.
Other qualities that you’ll need to be a fit for this role include:
- BA/BS degree (Computer Science, Engineering, etc. preferred)
- Understanding of Microsoft SharePoint architecture, components, and configuration preferred
- Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures
- Professional experience with analyzing and documenting complex business processes, software development requirements, and taxonomies.
- Professional experience with requirements gathering and analysis.
- Experience producing and analyzing As-Is and To-Be documentation.
- Experience preparing and delivering written and oral communications.
- Strong analytical and project management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Experience supervising junior associates, including conducting interviews, making hire recommendations, and completing performance reviews.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.