Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
VP of Hardware & Software
Acacia Communications is looking for an R&D engineer with an expertise in test development of coherent optical transceivers. This is a hands-on individual contributor role; the selected candidate will take a leadership role in a fast-moving product development team, collaborating with design, validation and test engineers to help define an integrated strategy for the overall product test solution, with a focus on minimizing the unit cost of test.
- Be accountable for the cost of product test; define and drive NPI improvement activities to reduce test cycle time and reduce the cost of capital test equipment.
- Collaborate with PIC, packaging and transceiver design engineers to influence the design approach to achieve optimal testability in manufacturing.
- Perform data analysis across test process steps and identify actions to improve data correlation and improve screening methods and improve yields.
- Collaborate with design, validation and test engineers to define an end-to-end test strategy to achieve minimum test cost per unit; work closely with test engineering to execute this test strategy.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- Master’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Physics, or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in the development of high-volume and low-cost test solutions in the optical communications industry.
- Experience with coherent communications and related device technologies is preferred.
- Hands-on style, with a strong focus on cost and quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.