Acacia Communications Inc., a leader in disruptive optical and coherent technology, is currently seeking a Senior Laser Integration Engineer to design, specify, test, and analyze InP optical devices, including lasers, and optical gain elements. Integration with silicon photonic devices is of special interest. This person should have a deep knowledge of semiconductor optical physics, InP packaging, and InP reliability and lifetime issues.
Key Essential Functions:
- Design InP structures, both the layers and the photomasks
- Test InP optical devices
- Work with foundries to produce InP optical devices
- Test and optimize reliability
- Design and test packaging of InP optical devices
- Integrate InP devices with silicon photonic devices
Essential Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- Master’s degree, or higher, in engineering or related field, or the equivalent qualification in education and experience.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Deep experience with InP optical devices
- Deep knowledge of InP fabrication and processing
- Extensive experience with InP reliability and lifetime testing
- Experience with InP device packaging
- Experience with fiber optics and optical alignment
- Programming experience
- Demonstrated effective communication, presentation, planning, organization and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of optical communications, including coherent optical communications
- Experience with optical transceivers, especially coherent transceivers
- LabView programming experience
- Python programming experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.