Acacia Communications, a leader in disruptive optical and coherent technology, is looking for a Principal Photonic Subsystems Architect with a strong track record of innovation and successful demonstration in photonic subsystems. This person must have a deep knowledge of optical physics and signal processing in communications and sensing. This includes knowledge of photonic integration. This person must desire to make practical devices with solid engineering yet make break-throughs that alter industry. This person must be able to both create and drive projects as well as spend time in the lab doing detailed work.
Key Essential Functions:
- Innovate and drive complex projects in photonic subsystems
- Pull together cross-function teams
- Design complex optical subsystems
- Design integrated photonics
- Function at a high level in the lab
Essential Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- PhD degree in engineering or physics, or the equivalent qualification in education and experience.
- Deep understanding of photonics
- Deep knowledge of electro-magnetic theory, optical fibers, filters, polarization, photo detection, and modulation
- Extensive experience with optical subsystems
- Solid understanding of complex signal processing
- Solid understanding of photonic integration
- Proficient in computer programming languages such as C, MATLAB, and Python
- Knowledgeable in both simulating and testing subsystems in the lab
- Experience with optical transceivers, especially coherent transceivers
- Experience with optical sensors
- Involved with products that ship more than 10,000 per year
- Experience with silicon and InP photonic devices
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.