Senior Software Engineer-Data at Ability Network
Boston, MA, US / Minneapolis, MN, US
We have a unique opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to learn big data systems, scalable architecture and data security while working with a small team of extraordinary engineers developing a next generation enterprise data lake and analytic applications for the Healthcare Industry.
- You will work with smart people like you using proven technologies and tools to deliver data processing infrastructure that meets business requirements.
- You will use design and development best practices, and introduce your own, while working on ingesting data from multiple sources, cleaning and transforming the feed to meet specification for target systems.
- You will participate in architecture review sessions and expand your area of expertise. You will work on data and transport security and work with HIPAA certified services and protocols.
- You will work on data integration projects, performing system configuration, creating designs according to specification, coding and testing the functionality that adds value to our customers.
- You will have a lot of autonomy with full accountability for your work and have an environment where you could be successful at achieving your career aspirations.
- Other duties as requested and/or determined.
- Hadoop Distribution and Big Data Ecosystem: MapReduce, Hive, Impala, Kafka, Spark
- Professional demonstrable working experience with Linux and command tools
- Languages: Python, SQL, Java, Unix Shell Scripting
- Restful API’s/ frameworks
- Databases: MSSQL, MySQL , PostgreSQL
- Development Methodologies: Agile/Scrum
- Expirence in DevOps and systems Administration (CentOS/Redhat/Ubuntu]) is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering etc.
- 8-10 years of commercial software engineering experience
- Experience working on a system that involves processing large number of transactions originating from multiple sources. Ability to articulate challenges with multifaceted data aggregation systems.
- Several years working with relational databases, proficient at SQL execution analysis, data aggregation and transformation procedures. Familiar with database performance optimization.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of complex enterprise-level systems, causal dependencies and relationships between components.
- Hands-on experience with design patterns, data structures, algorithms with ability to demonstrate applicability and clearly articulate/defend choices.
- Experience creating technical specifications, designs and architecture presentations.
- Inspired by code quality and understand that testability is a function of engineering. Ability to demonstrate unit testing in action using dependency injection and mock frameworks.
- Willingness to perform system administration tasks, dev ops and maintenance. Understanding how to proactively monitor and measure system stability and performance.
- Experience working with systems that support continuous integration and can fully appreciate the development cycle.
- The discipline to manage your workload, take accountability for your work, dig deeply into and learn the large, dynamic technical landscape which comes with the territory.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to provide extra effort when necessary to meet deadlines.
Location: Boston or Minneapolis