AvePoint accelerates your digital transformation success. Over 16,000 companies and 6 million SharePoint and Office 365 users worldwide trust AvePoint software and services for their data migration, management, and protection needs in the cloud, on-premises and hybrid environments.
A four-time Microsoft Partner of the Year, AvePoint has been named to the Inc. 500|5000 six times and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ five times. AvePoint is a Microsoft Global ISV Partner, and four-time Microsoft Partner of the Year Award winner. Founded in 2001, AvePoint is privately held and headquartered in Jersey City, NJ.
Are you looking to launch your career in sales in the fast-paced tech industry? This role is your opportunity to start your journey in the world of enterprise software sales. We’ll provide you with continuous training and sales mentorship to help you on your way to success.
What will you be doing?
As a Business Development Representative, your role is to find and create new sales opportunities via prospecting and conducting cold outreach. You’ll identify organizations’ current and future IT challenges to help match AvePoint products and support services to those needs. If you’re driven and eager to hit the ground running with your sales career, as well as learn about the corporate landscape, then we want to hear from you!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Researching, identifying, and qualifying potential customer organizations and prospects
- Positioning AvePoint effectively to facilitate a high conversion of leads to qualified pipeline opportunities by executing and communicating effective product and solution based messaging
- Working with sales account executives to help prospect their territories
- Recording accurate customer data into our CRM system
- Collaborating with marketing to drive demand towards virtual and in-person events
OK, I'm interested... is this the job for me?
To be successful in this role, you need to be a self-motivated, out-of-the-box thinker with the ability to understand what a customer needs and articulate how AvePoint can help. You are also a team player who thrives on working collaboratively with both internal and external teams.
Other qualities that you’ll need for this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Prior cold calling experience (preferred)
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- A positive attitude
- Plenty of initiative
- A persuasive manner
- Impeccable organizational and time management skills
- The ability to think on your feet
- A hunger to learn
- An ability to understand technical concepts and convey them to customers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.