Reports to: Systems Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Maynard, MA
FLSA Status: Exempt
The SQA OTN/Ethernet Protocol Validation Engineer is one of the key members of the Acacia team, responsible for assuring that Acacia products reliably conform to software and hardware specifications.
Acacia is well known for developing groundbreaking products in short time intervals. To support new product development at an exciting pace the SQA team is tasked to verify OTN/Ethernet protocol functionality on Acacia products using test automation software.
Key Essential Functions:
• In this position, you will be fully verifying high-speed communication systems protocols such as OTN and Ethernet on Acacia products. Your in-depth knowledge of the effects of systems impairments and consequent actions will facilitate evaluating of Acacia product response to such impairments.
• You will design and develop test plans and test automation software using C# or LabVIEW programming language. If software development is not your strong suite, you will closely collaborate with experienced test automation engineers to develop such test automation.
• You will execute and guide junior SQA team members to execute Ethernet/OTN protocol tests on new Acacia product software releases
• You will document detailed test results; you will document non-conformances using defect tracking tools such as Bugzilla or Jira
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
• MS or BS in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• At least 10 years of experience in verifying Ethernet and OTN protocol functionality in ASIC development, SQA, SVT or similar environment
• Proficient with Optical Transport Networks protocols, e.g. ITU G.709, G.798 and IEEE 802.3, FlexE etc.
• Candidate must be self-motivated, have good communication skills, be able to manage their time well, and be able to manage multiple activities simultaneously