Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer will function as the NPI Manufacturing and Process lead for high-mix PCBA manufacturing at global Contract Manufacturers.
Key Essential Functions
- Work closely with internal Design Team to ensure compliance to DFM requirements.
- Develop and evaluate manufacturing processes by understanding product requirements, applying knowledge of design, tooling methods, and equipment.
- Responsible for process design and development, and new product introductions. Establish manufacturing processes during the development and pilot stages, as well as providing leadership, experience, and technical guidance to our CM Partners.
- Execute process qualifications and validations, including CPk studies and Design of Experiments planning, execution, and analysis.
- Establishes clear measurable goals and objectives to determine contract manufacturers’ performance against operational metrics and results against projected timelines.
- Keep up-to-date on new assembly methods IAW technology roadmap to ensure new design concepts will align with CM process capabilities.
- Initiate and/or direct the design, implementation, and maintenance of production tooling and capital equipment needed to support process development and improvements.
- Provide expert on-going monitoring, analysis, guidance, and support to manufacturing partners. Identify and drive cost reduction and quality improvement activities, including effective use of problem-solving tools techniques such as SPC, lean practices, and data analysis.
- Establish, qualify, and implement rework techniques that mitigate risk to quality and ensure compliance with documented specifications and criteria.
Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements:
- BSME or higher degree with 10+ years of experience, both in NPI & Sustaining lifecyles
- Expert knowledge of complex, lead-free PCBA applications and technologies. Fluent with key industry specs such as J-STD-001, IPC-A-610, IPC-7711/7721, IPC-9701
- Solid understanding of PCB fabrication processes and specifications (e.g. IPC-6012, IPC-6016, IPC-A-600).
- Expert knowledge of SMT component technologies
- Strong User of Cadence Allegro, Valor, and Solidworks
- Highly skilled in conducting DOE’s and PFMEA on new technologies and ensuring high reliability assembly methods and processes.
- Experience with manual soldering (SMT and PTH) techniques for fibered opto-electrical components with ability to implement automated solutions
- Skill and expertise to collect and analyze data, summarize findings, develop conclusions, and propose recommendations from appropriate data sources.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of issues, act decisively, develop innovative solutions, and shows good judgment.
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast-paced, evolving, and growing environment.
Special Physical/Travel Requirements
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.