Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
This position’s role is to assist with the transition of Acacia’s silicon photonic products from the engineering and prototype phase to volume manufacturing in the most timely and robust fashion. Proven ability to bring opto-electronic components from design/prototype to volume manufacturing as well as a solid understanding of optical modules and coherent optical communication modules will be necessary for success in this role.
Key Essential Functions
- Lead CM mass production product process capability
- Drive continuous yield improvement
- Own process optimization and NPI process development
- Manage complex products from design/prototype to volume manufacturing while influencing the CM partner
- Document all material and manufacturing processes
- Collaborate with CM, Quality and engineering teams
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in optical/electronic engineering, physics, material science, process control, or the equivalent qualification in training and experience
- At least 5 years of experience as part of a process development team to bring opto-electronic modules into volume manufacturing
- Materials experience and expertise including fiber optics and photonic components, adhesives, ceramics, fibers, metals, fatigue
- Experience with statistical process control methods, including designing experiments and monitoring and controlling processes.
- Understanding of optical modules and coherent optical communication modules
- Familiarity with mechanical design
- Prior experience with hermetically sealed opto-electronic components, including all applicable processes
- Prior experience understanding of issues surrounding epoxies and out-gassing, seam sealing, damp heat, temperature cycling and optical fiber integrity test
- Process experience and expertise, including wire bonding, welding, evaporation and corrosion control
- Experience with advanced packaging concepts such as flip chip and non-hermetic packaging
- Great communication skills across originations, both within Acacia as well as contract manufactures
- Detailed-oriented with a perfectionist attitude
- Familiarity with SPC tools such as SAS and JMP is desirable
- Some weekend support required
Special Physical/Travel Requirements
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.