Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
Acacia Communications, a leader in disruptive optical and coherent technology, is looking for a Senior Millimetre Wave IC Design Engineer. The candidate will be a key member in a small, dynamic IC Design team that develops millimetre-wave circuits for Acacia’s silicon photonics-based optical transponders. The candidate will architect, design, layout, measure and productize silicon-based, 30+Gb/s ICs.
- Typically requires a BSEE degree and 9 years of experience or an MS degree and 6 years of experience or a PhD and 3 years of experience.
- Expertise in RF/Millimeter-wave CMOS/SiGe-BiCMOS IC design
- Design, simulation and measurement (at wafer-level) of 15+ Gb/s ICs including but not limited to:
- Linear amplifiers/drivers
- Transimpedance amplifiers
- AGC circuits
- Linear equalizers
- Collaborative team player who can work independently
- Possessing a track-record of innovation. Publications are a plus
Highly Desired Skills:
- Direct experience with coherent optical communications links as well as electrical transceiver applications including backplane and cable communications
- Experience designing, measuring and integrating analog/mixed-signal transmitter/receiver IC or IP into a standalone packaged-component or a larger subsystem intended for high-volume production
- Experience with 0.18um SiGe BiCMOS technology, 65nm CMOS or smaller
- High-frequency/mm-wave layout experience a plus:
Passive component design: inductors, transformers, transmission-lines, etc… Advanced modeling with Verilog-A Floorplanning (power/ground, digital/analog signal rounting, etc…) Custom transistor layout Experience with 16nm FinFET a plus
- Design for manufacturability:
Characterization over PVT (monte-carlo analysis, )
Electromigration, power and IR drop analysis (using Totem, or equivalent)
Thermal analysis a plus
Ageing simulations a plus
Cadence (virtuoso) Spectre/Eldo Calibre h-DRC and h-LVS Cadence QRC extraction or Calibre STAR-RC
EMX or ADS or HFSS (3D modeling equivalent) Verilog-A modeling Mixed-signal simulations in AMS
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.