The Quality Engineer will work as part of an agile team, developing and establishing quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles. Centered around our cultural norms you will passionately deliver products that meet or exceed the quality standards set for our solutions compliance, functional and performance requirements.
What are the general responsibilities of the position?
* Review user stories and requirements and provide feedback related to testability and effort estimate from a quality assurance perspective.
* Identify, record, document and track bugs found internally and reported externally to the development organization.
* Follow established QA best practices and processes to create, maintain and execute test cases.
* Be involved in the creation, maintenance and execution automated tests to increase test coverage in the products.
* Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
* Collaborate with software/systems R&D in application testing, such as system, unit, load, and acceptance testing methods.
* Actively participate in discussions with software engineers and product owners about application improvement.
* Stay current as regards to new testing tools and strategies.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
* At least 1 years of experience in a QA role.
* Experience writing test cases.
* Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
* Hands-on experience with black box, database and API testing.
* Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
* Experience with automated testing frameworks.
* Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Understanding of SOA architecture.
* Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
* Knowledge of TDD and/or BDD concepts preferred.
* Experience with Agile methodology preferred.
* Experience with Git or similar version control system preferred.
Location Specific Requirements: Montevideo - Advanced verbal and written English communication skills
|ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION||The Ascentis mission is to create innovative products that are easy to use for the often under-served mid-market that cover the full Human Capital Management (HCM) suite. This full suite approach combined with an amazing team equals success!
We at Ascentis firmly believe that a product is only as good as the people behind it. Whether it's platform development, technology maintenance, client support, product management, sales or operations, all of our employees see the direct impact of their work. As a leader and one of the fastest growing 'Software as a Service' (SaaS) companies in the Human Capital Management space, Ascentis focuses on hiring talented and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. If you want to channel your ambition and drive for success, you belong with Ascentis!
Ascentis has grown tremendously over the last 3 years. Recently, we announced a majority recapitalization by global growth equity investor Summit Partners. Summit invests across growth sectors of the global economy and has invested in more than 440 companies in technology, healthcare, life sciences and other growth industries. These companies have completed more than 140 public equity offerings. So, needless to say, we are all extremely excited with where we are headed!
|VISA TYPE||None Specified|
|PAYROLL DIRECTORY||None Specified|
|WORKERS COMPENSATION||None Specified|