Maynard, MA, US / Holmdel, NJ, US / San Jose, CA, US / Ottawa, CA
Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
Acacia Communications is looking for an R&D transceiver design lead engineer very low-cost and very high-volume optical transceiver design and test. This person will take a leadership role as part of a fast-moving team. It is expected that this function will typically own the integration of all transceiver functions with a focus on electronic and RF hardware design, depending on the candidate's specific skill set. A background with very high efficiency DC-DC converters will be a plus, as well as familiarity with organic board materials. Previous experience with very low cost single mode fiber optical transceivers, for example in 100GE CWDM4 or PON networks is highly preferred.
- Technical ownership of overall optical transceiver design, especially electronics and RF as well as optical performance, product specifications and contribution to other relevant functions
- Key deliverable is a product design that meets performance, cost and reliability requirements while being designed from the ground up for high volume manufacturability
- Primary technical contact for all aspects of transceiver design and function, within Acacia and with external suppliers and customers
- Preferentially, active ownership of some portion of the transceiver design; DC-DC converters, RF design, handshake with host electronics, thermal management, test, failure analysis etc.
- Collaborate with test, automation and reliability engineers to optimize product testability, manufacturability, and quality
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- Master’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Physics, or equivalent
- 8 + years of experience in transceiver design, RF analog and digital electronics, firmware and familiarity with high volume testing are either essential or highly desirable
- Familiarity with operating principles of photonic devices used in coherent communications
- Experience with leading multi-disciplinary team in a fast-pace and collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.