Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
Acacia Communications Inc., a leader in disruptive optical and coherent technology, is currently seeking a PIC Hardware Engineer to assist in the electronic hardware development and debugging of our photonic integrated circuit modules and test boards.
The PIC Hardware Engineer will work closely with our integrated photonics, optical packaging, and module engineering groups to deliver and debug solutions for high-performance electronics across Acacia’s product lines.
- Design and debug of analog and digital circuits
- Intimate knowledge of low noise circuit design including power supplies, sensors
- Design and implementation of analog and digital control loops
- Design using microprocessors and FPGAs
- Simulation and validation of designs
- Schematic capture and drive PCB layout
- Drive specification and technical documents
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications
- BSEE or higher degree with minimum of 5+ years of direct industry experience
- Self-motivated and work independently
- Intimate knowledge of analog circuitry and building blocks (ADC/DAC, SMPS, control loops, etc.)
- Good understanding of digital electronics circuitry (Processors, SPI, I2C devices, MDIO, FPGAs, etc.)
- Strong lab test, measurement, and debug skills (Scopes, Spectrum analyzers, etc.)
- Experience with schematic entry and layout tools (Dx Designer® and Allegro® Viewer preferred)
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate effective communication, presentation, planning, organization and facilitation skills
- Software experience
- Familiarity with high-efficiency power converters is a plus
- Excellent debug and analysis skills
- Knowledge of optical components (lasers, modulators, detectors etc) is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
Extra Desirable Qualifications
- Silicon photonics experience
- ARM processor experience
- FPGA experience
- Optoelectronic component experience
- Temperature sensor and control experience
Special Physical/Travel Requirements:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.