Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
Acacia’s world-class optical communication’s team is looking for a co-op/intern to help support our Silicon Photonics department. The Electrical/Optical/Mechanical Engineering Co-op will be assigned relevant work tasks and projects to challenge them according to their current level of experience and capability.
The Electrical/Optical/Mechanical Engineering Co-op may find themselves working in the following areas:
- Analog circuit design
- Mechanical engineering
- Digital communications
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelors or Master/PhD’s degree majoring in Electronic or Electrical Engineering, Mechanical or Mechanical Engineering, Communication Systems or Computer Engineering
- Knowledge of Python™
- Knowledge of MATLAB™
- Knowledge of C++
- 3.3 minimum GPA
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
Highly Desired Skills:
- Passion about engineering
- Enjoys working w/ HW, optics
- Enjoys working in lab environments
- Likes to be challenged to understand system and figure out ways to break it
- Previous internship experience
- Local candidates preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.