Want a role where you can oversee enterprise-level projects in the fast-paced tech industry? This position is your opportunity to manage a slate of diverse projects of all scopes and sizes for a global organization.
What will you be doing?
As a Project Manager, your job is to work with cross-functional teams, as well as with external vendors, partners, and customers. You will be tasked with developing and managing project schedules, scopes, resources, and project health. You will be responsible for identifying risks, defining problem solving strategies, and facilitating conflict resolution to ensure our projects are successful from start to finish.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating and executing project plans and revising them as needed to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identifying and assembling project teams as well as providing direction and mentoring to assure effective completion
- Managing day-to-day operational aspects of projects, which include scope and cost
- Reviewing deliverables prepared by our Delivery team before passing to the client
- Effectively applying AvePoint delivery methodology and enforcing project standards
- Preparing for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures, while following an established governance framework
- Minimizing company exposure and risk on projects through early detection, development of contingency plans, and pro-active communication
- Maintaining current and complete project management data and documents in the company database; analyzing and reporting project performance metrics
- Effectively managing communication across all levels of management (both internally and externally)
- Working alongside international teams
OK, I'm interested... is this the job for me?
You are tasked with managing projects and people. You will need to have a strong business sense, be process-driven, and have excellent communication skills to be able to assess complex situations and redirect projects when needed. You are someone who takes pride in your organizational capabilities and has the leadership skills to ensure a project runs smoothly.
Other qualities you’ll need to be a fit for this role include:
- University degree
- 2-3 years of relevant project management experience
- Experience of defining Statements of Work and professional handling of change requests is highly desirable.
- Understanding of Microsoft SharePoint architecture/O365 and components
- General understanding of application programming as well as database and system design
- General understanding of Internet, Intranet, and Cloud technology
- Awareness of new and emerging technologies and their potential application to AvePoint’s business and the industry
- Basic understanding of Agile development and delivery methodologies
- Proven ability to manage the execution of enterprise IT software implementations
- Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects concurrently
- Potential to see roadblocks or risks down the line
- Comfortability working autonomously and collaboratively with resources across multiple geographical regions
- Strong knowledge of various project management methodologies
- Demonstrated success managing priorities and personalities in cross-functional teams
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English, with experience in stakeholder management at a senior level.
- Good level of proven commercial acumen.
- Fast learner with a passion for technology
- Up to date project management certification (PMP, Prince2, Scrum Manager etc) are appreciated
- Effective judgement on when to escalate concerns
- Willingness to travel 50-80%
- Experience in using Microsoft Project and Project Online
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.