Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
The SQA Test Automation Engineer is one of the key members of the Acacia team, responsible for assuring that Acacia products reliably conform to software and hardware specifications.
Acacia is well known for developing groundbreaking products in short time intervals. To support new product development at an exciting pace the SQA team is challenged to architect, develop and maintain test automation software using scalable and maintainable methods.
If you have a passion for test automation, working on complex systems and for delivering high quality best-in-class technology, then this position is calling your name.
Key Essential Functions
- Design and develop test plans, test facilities and test automation software (C#)
- Execute tests on new Acacia product software releases
- Work closely with product developers to resolve issues prior to delivery to customers
- Document detailed test results and publish software release notes for customers
Required Skills & Experience
- MS or BS in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 10 years of experience in developing large scale, efficient, scalable and easily maintainable test automation software in SQA, SVT or similar environment using C#, Python or LabVIEW
- Exposure to QA methodologies
- Ability to lead efforts towards enhancing testing process
- Candidate must be self-motivated, have good communication skills, be able to manage their time well, and be able to manage multiple activities simultaneously
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Strong technical background in optical telecommunications, especially in DWDM transport and optical coherent subsystems
- First-hand experience with testing of optical telecommunication systems
- Understanding of ITU recommendations related to Optical Transport Networks, such as G.709 and G.798
- Experience with bug tracking and reporting tools such as Bugzilla and Jira
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.