Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
Acacia Communications is seeking an FP&A Analyst to join the Finance team to help execute the company’s financial planning and metric-based reporting with a focus on budgeting and forecasting. The FP&A Analyst will contribute to analysis of the company financial performance including budget and forecast variance analysis with commentary on the key performance drivers. You will assist in providing financial consulting and strategic support to executive management including preparation of board presentations, financial presentations and other projects requested by executive management. You will be responsible for the successful functioning, optimization and ongoing administration of the Host Analytics application and related processes to support business-critical financial reporting and budget / forecast cycles. This position contributes to the analytical engine of the Finance team to provide insights and support optimal business decision making.
- Prepares consolidated forecasts and budgets and analyzes trends in revenue, expense, capital expenditures and other related areas.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly reporting package and variance analysis to executive management.
- Assist in development of budget and strategic planning presentations for executive management and board review.
- Support the preparation of the financial metrics for the quarterly earnings conference call and analyst guidance.
- Manage all core Host Analytics day-to-day system support activities in a systems administrator role; optimize and refine budget and forecasting models.
- Update and maintain dimensions, hierarchies and data elements in Host Analytics for approved data changes and processes as required. Create and prepare reports and input templates as well as update the report library based on master data changes.
- Prepare and maintain up to date EPM/Host Analytics process and system documentation.
- Perform monthly variance analysis of actual results to budgeted/forecasted performance and make recommendations, identify efficiency opportunities and provide critical insights into the financial results, including trends and improved profitability opportunities.
- Assist in leading the annual budget process and contributing to the completion of the annual audit.
- You will perform financial analysis and business planning, identify and drive process improvements.
- Provide recommendations on cost efficiencies, process efficiencies and recommend improvement opportunities.
- Maintains and coordinates group completion of financial review templates and meetings.
- Ad hoc analysis as needed and other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have solid organizational, communication, problem-solving and research abilities. The candidate must be comfortable explaining complex financial and accounting concepts. The candidate should be able to succeed in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, fluid environment. A "can-do" attitude and superb interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, are an absolute must. Key experience and qualifications:
- B.A. or B.S. in Finance, Accounting or MIS.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a financial analyst role or similar FP&A function.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; with proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook also required.
- Strong ERP systems skills, working knowledge of Host Analytics with database query skills.
- Diligent, high standards of accuracy with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong understanding for finance, financial and management reporting.
- Experience in a rapidly growing technology organization.
- Adept in working in a high energy, changing environment and an ability to manage multiple initiatives at one time and meet deadlines is essential.
- Proactive, high energy, solution orientated team player.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.