AVAST Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for 30 years, AVAST is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business – offered in about 40 languages.
Headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in the U.S., Europe, and Asia, AVAST Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
Reasons for joining Avast:
- Have you ever heard of a VPN and have you ever thought of working on developing one and would you like to? We bet the response is true, false and somewhat false to the stated questions. Let us explain why you should change your questions to all trues.
- VPN is just an underlying technology of a broader service that helps to protect users from spying, hacking, blocking websites and tracking. It's one of the critical components of overall security provided by Avast. VPN is extremely useful on networks you cannot trust and let's be honest you should not trust almost any network. We're working on creating easy to use and super smart VPN that doesn't bother and protects all the time.
- Development of Windows version of VPN client
- Integration of VPN connection libraries
- Development of client monitoring and anomaly handling logic
- Working on shared libraries
- Helping with the implementation of automated testing
- C++ knowledge on at least junior level
- Very good understanding of OOP and design patterns
- Openness to learn needed cross-skills
- Understanding network protocols and OSI model
- We'll help you learn new technologies and support you in areas you might not feel comfortable with. We are looking more for a talented learner rather than skilled but tired developer.
- An interesting job in an international team of a growing and very successful company
- An exciting product portfolio
- Opportunities for professional growth
- The dynamic international work environment
- An adequate performance-based salary
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator, library, language lessons and much more
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Cafeteria benefit system, multisport card
- 25 days of holiday, 5 sick days
- The chance to join a major global tech company
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!