AVAST Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for 30 years, AVAST is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business – offered in about 40 languages.
Headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in the U.S., Europe, and Asia, AVAST Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
Avast Software is looking for a full-time experienced DevOps engineer to join our browser development team. Our team develops a Chromium-based security and privacy browser focused on providing Avast users with an intuitive interface for security and privacy control.
Your primary responsibility will be to help build, deploy and maintain our mission-critical production systems that are scalable and resilient (both on internal infrastructure and third-party cloud providers) and can operate at extreme scale (i.e. serving hundreds of millions of users) for several products, while maintaining guaranteed uptime.
Your role will include unifying our team’s release pipeline within the organisation. You will collaborate with developers and architects to refine our team’s build, test, and release practices as we evolve different aspects of our custom browser security features, extensions and plugins. You may also be required to supervise and manage other junior DevOps engineers on the browser team.
You will also oversee the deployment tooling for continuous integration, automated testing and automated self-service release management. From the planning stage right through endpoint monitoring, our aim is to create value faster with a single application for the whole software development and operations lifecycle.
- Bachelor / Masters Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Expert knowledge and utilisation of Amazon Web Services
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial)
- Deep understanding of Unix systems and Bash including strong shell scripting skills
- Experience with setting up and running automated build systems and testing scripts
- Understand key server security concepts and preferred implementations
- Enjoyment of collaboration, teamwork and iterative development in a fun environment
- Experience with “infrastructure-as-code” configuration management tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with using CI tools such as Jenkins, Travis, TeamCity, GitLab and others
- Experience with containerization of applications with Docker platform
- Experience with container orchestration services such as Kubernetes, Nomad, and/or Swarm
- Experience with popular browser frameworks (WebKit, Chromium, Blink, Gecko, etc)
- Knowledge of other cloud services such as Google Compute Engine
- Experience with the creation and integration of micro-service infrastructures
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Many opportunities for professional growth
- Amazing and truly international work environment
- Cool office in central London (pool table, table tennis, games consoles)
- Weekly breakfast and company lunch
- Attractive pension & health insurance plan
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- 25 days of holiday, 5 sick days
- Interest-free Season Ticket Loan
- And much more!
Sound like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!