AVAST Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for 30 years, AVAST is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business – offered in about 40 languages.
Headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in the U.S., Europe, and Asia, AVAST Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
We're looking for a QA engineer who will work on our brand new SmartHome protection product. Our quality assurance is focused mostly on automation testing and improving product lifecycle. You will become a part of a growing team; from the ideal candidate, we are expecting innovation, active communication and ability to bring new perspectives, ideas and experience.
- Participate in manual testing during product life cycle
- Maintain and support environment for test automation (mostly written in Python)
- Identify options for test automation and develop automated tests together with the team
- Develop and maintain test/support tools
- Exploratory (actively finding corner cases) testing
- Support other team members
- Work with bug tracking system to report and verify bugs
- General knowledge of Linux systems and network protocols (you will learn them deeper for sure)
- General knowledge of scripting languages (Bash and Python are an advantage)
- Intermediate English (reading technical documentation and attending occasional meetings)
- Critical thinking and focus for product quality
- Ability to identify and correctly describe/report bug with all related information
- General knowledge about testing and product life cycle
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, pool tables, table tennis, music studio, fitness center, library, great training system and much more
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Cafeteria benefit system, multisport card
- 25 days of holiday, 5 sick days
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Many opportunities for professional growth
- An amazing and truly international work environment
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!