AVAST Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for 30 years, AVAST is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business – offered in about 40 languages.
Headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in the U.S., Europe, and Asia, AVAST Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
We are a team of 14 people called Viruslab Systems. Our team is responsible for running and developing backend systems that are used by Avast ThreatLabs, which lies at the heart of our security products, protecting over 400M users.
How do we work?
- We love experimenting with new technologies.
- We enjoy building tools that allow us to do our job better.
- We are continually educating ourselves at internal and external tech talks.
- We're keen on automation, testing, code reviews and pair programming. We try to release our work as open source wherever it makes sense.
We regularly speak about interesting technologies and projects at internal tech talks (https://slideslive.com/avast). Some interesting information can be found at https://www.avast.com/cs-cz/technology (our part of the system is called Scavenger). And of course check out our open source projects at https://github.com/avast and feel free to contribute.
Who are we looking for:
- Developer with Python or Scala experience or willing to learn one of those (same experience with any JVM/.NET language or a mainstream scripting language is a good prerequisite for that).
- Person who is interested in learning new things and new technologies.
- Team player with sense of responsibility.
- Interesting part-time job in an international team of growing and a very successful company
- Pleasant working environment
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator, library and much more
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Many opportunities for professional growth (business conferences, professional training courses, and internal learning)
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!