AVAST Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for 30 years, AVAST is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business – offered in about 40 languages.
Headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in the U.S., Europe, and Asia, AVAST Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
Avast Software is seeking an independent Junior QA engineer to help us develop our new flagship product Avast Secure Browser ( https://www.avast.com/secure-browser ). This is 12 months paid internship. You will become a member of an international team with a ‘startup’ atmosphere, using agile scrum and data-driven approach to development. We are looking for a pro-active QA engineer with a passion for learning new technologies and best practices, so if you are a bright, motivated engineer who enjoys working on interesting and challenging problems we would love to hear from you. Our ideal candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
About the Browser Team
The position is based in our Central London office in a fun, vibrant and relaxing environment. Our team is diverse and we come from a wide range of backgrounds (including chefs, gamers, DJs and technology
geeks!). We're a hardworking and passionate team who love the challenges of building a browser. We
regularly organize team breakfasts, dinners, and other fun social events.
- Manually test the product (as a foundation to other testing activities)
- Report findings and present test results to the team
- Participate in the analysis and design of our product
- Collaborate with other international team members and teams
- Analyzing product requirement briefs
- Designing Test Scenarios and Test Cases
- Participating in preparing Test Plans
- Documenting on our internal Wiki pages
- Communication with the Developers and Project Managers
- Computer Science or technical graduate
- Familiar with Windows operating systems (macOS, iOS, and Android are a plus)
- A quick learner and someone who can work independently
- Proactive, hardworking team player with a will to succeed as an individual and in a team
- Have good communication skills and not be afraid to talk with others in teams across the globe
- Have a thoughtful approach to work - A logical and analytical approach to problem-solving and pays
- Close attention to detail
- Be organized and methodical with the ability to keep track of technical work and steps taken while
- Dealing with numerous tasks
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Many opportunities for professional growth
- The amazing and truly international work environment
- Cool office in central London (pool table, table tennis, games consoles)
- Great work-life balance
- Fun social events
Sound like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!