AVAST Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for 30 years, AVAST is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business – offered in about 40 languages.
Headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in the U.S., Europe, and Asia, AVAST Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
We are looking for someone to join our team in Emeryville, CA.
You love technology and its ability to change the world. You thrive in an agile development process and in teams with constant and authentic communication. You don't just look for a job, you look for a company culture that will accelerate your career growth and teammates who will be life-long connections.
In this role, you will contribute code to build and ship iOS applications in a team setting. You will develop, build and release with a full understanding of the tech stack while collaborating with other world-class developers.
- The candidate will be responsible for implementation of multiple features to completion in iOS applications
- Work with team members from various other groups to plan and execute projects
- Understand requirements by coordinating with UI/UX, product management teams
- Coordination with project management, testing, product support and executive management to accomplish project objectives
- Test software applications during development to verify requirement acceptance prior to promotion to QA
- Troubleshoot and debug issues and design and implement resolution
- Develops and communicates technical processes, standards, and best practices to the team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related field
- 4+ years of programming experience wherein the candidate has contributed to a large software project from conception through release to maintenance
- Experience with Swift and other programming languages (preferred: Objective-C), shell scripting
- Experience with iOS (at least 10 and newer) and the system APIs (required: Foundation, UIKit, CoreLocation, MapKit, Security, GCD)
- Experience in Architectural design patterns (required: MVC, preferred: VIPER) and dependency management (preferred: CocoaPods)
- Experience with Xcode, Apple Developer portal, App Store Connect, TestFlight
- Experience with dependency management Preferred experience with continuous integration and delivery (preferred: Jenkins / TeamCity, fastlane), version control software (preferred: Git), popular 3rd party libraries a plus: Swinject, Realm, PromiseKit, Alamofire, Amplitude, Crashlytics
- Experience with consuming RESTful services, (preferred: building them, OpenAPI)
What we offer:
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Amazing and truly international work environment
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive Bonus Program
- Employee Share Matching Plan
- 401k Match
- Medical, dental, and vision plan
- HSA AND FSA
- Commuter Benefit
- Onsite Gym
- Snacks, Wednesday breakfast, Friday lunches, and fun outings
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.