Avast Software ( www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 30 years, Avast is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business - offered in about 40 languages.
Based in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in the U.S., Germany, and Asia, Avast Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
Are you a Prague-based copywriter that’s interested in technology? Then we’d love to hear from you. We’re seeking an experienced copywriter for our Brand team, who’ll “own” everything with passion — the sort of person who’s already busy downloading one of our apps right now, to see what they would improve.
You’ll need to follow our brand tone of voice, be ruthless with your copy (space matters), meticulous when it comes to grammar, and have a hands-on approach to copywriting (understanding context is a big part of the game).
The ideal candidate must have a passion for writing, aesthetic sense, and proven copywriting experience. If that sounds like you, let us know!
- Writing ATL copy that generates positive brand awareness
- Creating event messaging that brings our brands to life
- Simplifying, improving, and/or creating copy for internal and external campaigns
- Checking TOV across brands and business segments (Consumer vs. Business)
- Working closely with graphic designers and UX designers
- Product video script conception, creation, and management
- Interacting with marketing, product, and sales teams to understand business objectives, target audiences, and product benefits
Required skills / knowledge:
- A native speaker of English
- Advertising agency experience or in-house copywriting experience is a great asset
- A sense for design: understands flows and space limitations
- A degree in journalism, English, or a related field preferred
- Excellent grammar, writing, and editorial skills
- Experience in technical writing a plus
- A solid understanding of marketing, advertising, and content strategy principles
What we offer:
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator, library, great training system and much more
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Cafeteria benefit system, multisport card
- An amazing and truly international work environment
- Contractor type of role
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!