Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
The Demand and Inventory Planning Manager is an integral member in the Planning and Logistics organization responsible for implementing forecasting and inventory management for all Acacia products. Responsible for supporting sales and profit goals while achieving inventory productivity and in-stock goals. This role will collaborate with Sales, Operations and Finance to develop an accurate demand unit forecast while integrating with the contract manufacturers to ensure alignment. Develop, manage, and maintain a comprehensive Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning (SIOP) process which can be used across our organization. This role will work closely with the Operations leadership team and stakeholders to develop performance metrics, drive best practices, and lead process and tool improvements that are in alignment with the strategic priorities of the team.
Key Essential Functions:
Support the weekly and monthly Sales and Operations (S&OP) planning process by working across functional areas and with suppliers to address demand and supply imbalances. Coordinating the S&OP process with the merchandising organization, suppliers and finance. Provide 12-month rolling forecast for inventory and receipts. Define, coordinate and execute initiatives in support of the S&OP process.
Establishes and monitors goals for key inventory KPIs. (i.e. Stock Levels, Service Levels, Inventory Productivity and Forecast Accuracy.) Manages process to determine root cause when KPIs are out of expected normal ranges. Develop and implements corrective measures
Maintains working knowledge of end-to-end supply chain components including forecasting, inventory management, product planning, master data management, product lifecycle and disposition, supplier planning and order fulfillment.
Collaborates with operations leadership on forecasting and inventory goals, issues and strategies. Includes holding status meetings with cross-functional teams to ensure key milestones are reached on time to delivery and inventory goals
Evolve and maintain standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems. Provide recommendations for operational improvements to improve delivery and inventory goals.
Collaborate with Supply Planners to develop inventory strategies for existing items, new products, and product phase-ins and phase-outs, identify and resolve changes in the forecast and their impact on the supply chain.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- Strategic agility and creativity with analytical and effective problem solving skills
- Extremely detailed oriented with ability to recall details and historical background.
- Demonstrated ability to accept new ideas, engage in creative, innovative and systemic thinking
- Strong ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to listen, influence and lead in a constructive & productive manner.
- Requires 10+ years of managerial experience.
- Requires Master’s Degree in Management, Engineering or equivalent area
- Experience in Manufacturing, continuous improvement activities, APICS certification, CPIM a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of ERP systems, Excel, Word, Outlook, Microsoft Project and PowerPoint
- Occasional travel up to 5%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.