Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
Our innovative, optical communications technology company would like to bring on a HR intern for the summer. The successful candidate will be enrolled full-time in a major university or college and studying Human Resources, Marketing, Business, or a related field . We’re looking for a driven, ambitious individual who wants to create a career in Human Resources. We provide guidance and support, as well as the opportunity to experience the industry from the inside and gain valuable work experience.Key Essential Functions: The HR intern will provide general human resource assistance to business units and corporate functional area which may include recruiting, job evaluation, compensation, and/or benefits.
- Assists with conducting new-employee orientations.
- Researches and administers other applicant sourcing programs.
- Coordinates external hiring process and assists with internal transfer process.
- Assists with maintaining compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment and affirmative action.
- Supports the functional areas of human resources including, but not limited to, recruitment and employment, Compensation, employee recognition and engagement and special projects.
- Assists with the development of various activities such as employer branding, job fairs, training and development workshops
- Assists with the development and implementation of human resources programs through employee booklets, communications, and/or meetings.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Marketing, Business, or related field
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent intern-personal skills.
- Must be self-motivated, and able to manage time well
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact.
Other desirable skills:
- Passionate about Human Resources
- Knowledge about Social Media platforms and branding campaigns
- Previous internship experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in administration of benefits, compensation, and other HR activities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.