Maynard, MA, US / Holmdel, NJ, US / San Jose, CA, US / Ottawa, CA
Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
Acacia Communications is looking for an R&D Product Engineer for Coherent Optical Transceivers... This function oversees all aspects of the coherent transceiver functionality and its adherence to the product specification, both on the optical interface and the electrical client interface. In addition, this function will give input to test architecture and optimization in order to have the highest possible test coverage to ensure product quality while optimizing the test expenses and tradeoff between tests at various assembly levels. Achieving the overall cost target for the product is another focus of this position by optimizing the material flow and driving component specifications.
Ideally the candidate has extensive background in coherent transceiver testing/product engineering but also high volume products like CWDM4 or PON.
- Master’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Physics, or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in transceiver test, especially coherent optics, RF analog and digital electronics, firmware and familiarity with high volume testing are either essential or highly desirable
- Familiar with operating principles of photonic devices used in coherent communications
- Experience with leading multi-disciplinary team in a fast-pace and collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Special Physical/Travel Requirements
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.