Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
This position is an integral member in executing Engineering demand requirements, pre-production build requirements, and support of contract manufacturing activities. Key responsibilities include sourcing strategies, supplier pricing negotiations, purchase order management, supplier relations, materials planning, inventory control, production readiness, and logistics support. Procurement requirements include engineering materials, corporate services, direct materials, and capital equipment. This position will also provide support for Shipping/Receiving and Inventory Management.
Key Essential Functions
- Participate in BOM review to insure integrity of data and transmission to ERP system.
- Identifies and pipelines critical, strategic, long-lead material in coordination with CM partners.
- Applies GSM ‘Preferred Supplier Strategy’ to material procurement where applicable
- Lead communication for material availability and identification and escalation of material gates.
- Support Commodity Management team for strategic purchases, material tracking, vendor set up, etc.
- Issue Requests for Information and Requests for Quotation and analyzes them for final sourcing and business award decisions
- Facilitate supply chain transition as product transfers to Contract Manufacturers.
- Coordinate with team members to ensure the availability of parts/materials to meet development and production schedules.
- Maintain data reporting, charts, WIP reports, and shortage lists.
- Expedite pre-production of parts as required and establish delivery dates as required to meet customer on-time delivery.
- Utilize ERP tools and best practice to manage inventory of materials and parts needed to complete NPI builds and production volumes.
- Examine MRP data such as BOM, routing and other documents for completeness and latest version.
- Coordinate production readiness and material availability with Operations, Supply Chain and Program Management Project Teams.
- Interact with Master Scheduler and Production floor to coordinate flow of work between departments of manufacturing plant to ensure schedules and requirements are met.
- Provide support to shipping, receiving, storage, and distribution of all our products, materials, components, supplies and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in procurement, materials management, operations, or similar field, or the equivalent qualification in training and experience
- At least five years of professional experience in planning and purchasing in support of production activity and transitions
- Experience in manufacturing, continuous improvement activities, APICS certification, CPIM a plus
- Strategic agility and creativity with analytical and effective problem solving skills
- Ability to engage supply base as collaborative partners
- Strong ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Extremely detailed oriented with ability to recall details and historical background on projects and contracts
- Demonstrated ability to accept new ideas, engage in creative, innovative and systemic thinking
- Ability to listen, influence and lead in a constructive & productive manner
- Extensive knowledge of ERP systems, Word, Excel and Outlook, and solid knowledge of Microsoft Project and PowerPoint
Special Physical/Travel Requirements
- Occasional travel up to 5%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.