AVAST Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for 30 years, AVAST is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business – offered in about 40 languages.
Headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in the U.S., Europe, and Asia, AVAST Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
We are a team of 4 people working at Localization department. Our team is responsible for managing all translation requests we get from our colleagues, including application strings and website pages, marketing material as well as legal documents and help files. We support all our brands (Avast, AVG, CCleaner, HMA) into 40+ languages helping more than 400M users securing their privacy.
We use translation management system called SDL WorldServer, that automates all routine project-related tasks. We also have Crowdin, that is used for UI strings only. Both systems support terminology, that is core reference in translation industry. We have perfect work/life balance.
- German native speaker with very good English knowledge
- Educated preferably at linguistic, translation or philology
- Experienced in translation (ideally for SW company) at least 3–5 years
- Prior experience with CAT tools
- Copywriting skills are welcome
- IT background is welcome
- Translation of internal requests (UI strings, web pages, help files, marketing material)
- Review of translations (that you cannot fit) done by translation company
- Maintain terminology and translation memory as our core references
- Linguistically check already translated material and fix bugs found
- Overall manage/maintain quality of German – everywhere
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, pool tables, table tennis, music studio, fitness center, library, great training system and much more
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Cafeteria benefit system, multisport card
- 25 days of holiday, 5 sick days
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Many opportunities for professional growth
- An amazing and truly international work environment
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!