AVAST Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for 30 years, AVAST is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business – offered in about 40 languages.
Headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in the U.S., Europe, and Asia, AVAST Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
We're looking for a software engineer who wants to work on a code that is being used by millions of users worldwide. Coder who understands algorithms and backend architecture to get the most efficient and stable system out of our development stack.
You'll be working on VPN backends taking care of quite complex logic on systems under heavy traffic. VPN is currently one of the fastest growing products within Avast with new features being added continually. For you it means you'll be working with the latest technologies and have a unique chance of leaving your imprint in a product used by millions of users.
From ideal candidate, we expect innovation and ability to bring new perspectives, ideas and experience.
- Requirements analysis
- Development of server components in the Java/Scala programming language
- Documentation of code and modules
- Design of interfaces and APIs
- Contribution to a design and specification of the systems architecture
- Development of support tools in any chosen language (bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Working with other international team members (design, architecture, code review, etc.)
- and also:
- Creating tests and testing tools (unit, integration, functional, performance, etc.)
- Contribution to the whole application lifecycle (development, testing, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, etc.)
- Maintenance and development of legacy server components
- Other small tasks execution based on instructions
- Good experience in programming + at least 2 years of experience in programming on JVM platform (Java SE)
- Very good knowledge of Java
- Experience with high-performance server applications
- Ability to do common configuration and tuning of Linux and/or Windows servers
- Experience with debugging of your own but also someone else´s code; the ability to debug code in a production environment
- Active knowledge of English
- Ability to work in a team
- Passion for DevOps culture
- Minimum secondary education - university degree in a technical area is an advantage
What we offer:
- Very challenging technical problems to be solved!
- A calm and pleasant working environment - award-winning office
- A safe job and an attractive salary
- Attractive working conditions
- The chance to join a major international global tech company
- Many opportunities for professional growth
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator, library, language lessons and much more
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Cafeteria benefit system, multisport card
- 25 days of holiday, 5 sick days
- The chance to join a major global tech company
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!