AVAST Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for 30 years, AVAST is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business – offered in about 40 languages.
Headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in the U.S., Europe, and Asia, AVAST Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
We are looking for a highly-skilled digital Copywriter/Editor with a passion for technology and keen business sense.
Reasons for joining Avast:
- You’ll be part of a high-performance team, working together towards common goals
- We’re the world leader in our field; and we do it by being fast, flexible and innovative
- You’ll learn from – and share ideas with – some of the finest brains in our industry
- Millions of people around the globe will be affected by your work
- We’re a nice bunch who enjoy working together and don’t take ourselves too seriously
- We always strive to have open, honest communication
- And to top it off, we care – about our customers and our employees
What you will do:
- Execute the Acquisition content strategy for multiple global websites and brands
- Join a team of superstar writers/editors in publishing impactful and engaging long-form content that will be seen by millions of people
- Closely monitor and optimize the performance of all content to deliver against challenging traffic, engagement and conversion targets
- Collaborate closely with Marketing/Product managers, SEO gurus, designers, developers and technical teams to ensure our content portals support our product roadmap and offer customers a best-in-class experience
- Continually learn and refine techniques for gauging the needs/interests of our audiences and for efficiently developing content that matches those needs
- Help establish our brands as the most trusted sources of information on digital security, online privacy and device optimization
- 5+ years of experience as a web copywriter, with the proven ability to write engaging, long-form “performance” content that drives web traffic and conversions (user acquisition, lead generation, sales)
- Ability to coordinate content production with multiple stakeholders and to deliver against tight deadlines
- Strong editorial sense, with flawless proofreading and copy-editing skills
- Experience writing about technology, with expertise in some of the following areas: online security, online privacy & VPNs, Internet of Things, device optimization (PC, Mac, Android, iOS), and SaaS
- Journalism background and/or the ability to quickly research a complex subject, synthesize new information and write about it credibly for a general audience
- Proficiency using web analytics tools (like Google Analytics and Google Search Console) to evaluate content performance and to suggest actionable improvements
- Knowledge of fundamental SEO principles and how to optimize web content for maximum organic search visibility (bonus points for knowing how to do keyword research for generating article ideas)
- Familiarity with conversion-rate optimization (CRO) techniques and a passion for testing new ways to improve content performance
- Ability to operate quickly, comfortably and independently in a CMS
- Native English or equivalent (+ fluency in Spanish, French, German or Portuguese greatly appreciated)
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Many opportunities for professional growth
- A friendly and truly international work environment
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator and much more
If you’d like to know more, please apply. We look forward to hearing from you!