AVAST Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for 30 years, AVAST is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business – offered in about 40 languages.
Headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in the U.S., Europe, and Asia, AVAST Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
We are looking for future “white-hat” who is able to bring order into malware chaos. Main requirements of potential candidate should be ability to learn quickly and autonomously. If you are experienced with different IoT devices, network capture, or you have already tried to run MitM attack on public Wi-Fi then you are perfect candidate.
- Help with monitoring the threat landscape and ensure Avast is one step ahead of the bad guys, with direct focus on network-based threats including IoT and Smart Home related threats
- Uncover weaknesses in the most prevalent IoT devices (e.g. Linux based reverse engineering for Linux based devices)
- Investigate anomalies and develop fixes
- Discover malware outbreaks
Required skills / knowledge:
- Knowledge of network security
- Time flexibility
- Fluent English
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Java or Python
- Experience with Bash Scripting
- Ability to write simple SQL query
- Ability to learn quickly
Preferred skills / knowledge:
- Experience with different process architectures
- Experience with OpenWRT/LEDE
- Experience with tcpdump
- Interesting part-time job in an international team of growing and a very successful company
- Pleasant working environment
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator, library and much more
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Many opportunities for professional growth (business conferences, professional training courses, and internal learning)
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!