AVAST Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for 30 years, AVAST is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business – offered in about 40 languages.
Headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in the U.S., Europe, and Asia, AVAST Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
We are seeking an Associate to join our Corporate Development team in London. Reporting to the SVP Strategy & Corporate Development, you will contribute to the realisation of Avast's global growth strategy via acquisitions and other strategic transactions.
Alternatively, we are open to consider candidates in Prague, CZ.
- Originating acquisition opportunities, including research and analysis of appropriate targets
- Researching assets within private equity portfolios to identify potential target opportunities
- Engaging with market participants and targets as appropriate, to identify opportunities
- Supporting Corp Dev leadership on active projects as required, including:
- Reviewing company presentations, teasers, information memoranda, etc
- Building acquisition business models including scenario analysis
- Preparing target valuations based on DCF and comparables
- Running due diligence processes and other transaction-related processes
- Managing M&A pipeline and internal review processes and materials
- Maintaining and supporting competitive analyses
- Maintaining database of comparable transactions and public company comparables
- Maintaining and updating M&A templates and other materials
- Background in corporate finance, including 1-2 years of professional experience in an M&A-focused investment banking analyst role with a top firm, or alternatively in a private equity firm or corporate environment
- Ability to thrive in a small and flexible high-performing collegial team where large responsibility is given, commensurate with ability.
- Relevant high quality M&A experience
- Financial qualification (ACA/CFA or MSc degree in Finance, Strategy, Economics)
- Strong technical skills including financial modelling
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to engage at all levels including senior, both internally and externally
- Ability to think strategically and analytically, with flexibility and creativity
- Comfortable working closely as part of a team, as well as fully independently
- Understanding of modern internet-based software and related business models is a plus
- Competitive market rate salary
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Many opportunities for professional growth
- Amazing and truly international work environment
- Cool office in central London (pool table, table tennis, games consoles)
- Weekly breakfast and company lunch
- Attractive pension & health insurance plan
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- 25 days of holiday, 5 sick days
- Interest-free Season Ticket Loan
- And much more!
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!