Holmdel, NJ, US / San Jose, CA, US / Ottawa, CA / Maynard, MA, US
Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
Acacia Communications is looking for an R&D packaging design lead engineer with expertise and experience in low-cost, high-volume and high quality products. This person will take a leadership role as part of a fast-moving team. It is expected that this person will typically own the overall design of an optical packaging solution, adhering to all functional requirements as well as passing industry standard reliability qualifications. Previous experience with very low cost single mode fiber optical packaging for example in 100GE CWDM4 or PON networks is highly preferred.
- Technical ownership of overall package design, product specifications, FMEA and contribution to other relevant functions
- Key deliverable is a product design that meets performance, cost and reliability requirements.
- Primary technical contact window for all aspects of package design, within Acacia and with external contract manufacturers
- Preferentially, active ownership of some portion of package design; thermal/stress finite element analysis (FEA), optical simulation etc. Support of process engineering for automation and support of reliability engineering, for example failure analysis. Skills for design for reliability are mandatory
- Collaborate with test, automation and reliability engineers to optimize product testability, manufacturability, and quality
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- Master’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Physics, or equivalent
- Extensive experience in packaging design for low cost products like 100G CWDM4 for example and familiarity with assembly processes in high-volume production
- Familiar with operating principles of photonic devices used in coherent communications
- Experience with leading multi-disciplinary team in a fast-pace and collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.