Maynard, MA, US / Holmdel, NJ, US / San Jose, CA, US / Ottawa, CA
Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
Acacia Communications is looking for an R&D transceiver test lead engineer or manager with expertise and experience in low-cost and high-volume optical high performance transceiver test. This person will take a leadership role as part of a fast-moving team. It is expected that this function will typically own the test development of all transceiver functions (optical, electronic) with a focus on suitability for very high volume testing. This function integrates test solutions on both hardware and software automation side. Capability to design test system hardware (electronics and optics) from component level is a plus. Previous experience with building equipment for very low cost single mode fiber optical transceiver test for example in 100GE CWDM4 or PON networks is highly preferred, as well as background in coherent transceiver testing
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Physics, or equivalent
- Extensive experience in transceiver test, RF analog and digital electronics, firmware and familiarity with high volume testing are either essential or highly desirable
- Familiar with operating principles of photonic devices used in coherent communications
- Experience with leading multi-disciplinary team in a fast-pace and collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.