Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
The Sr. Mechanical Engineer will work under the direction of the Mechanical Engineering Manager and within a group of Hardware engineers on the design and support of the world’s leading edge optical transceivers.
- Involved with product design and development of new and existing products from inception to distribution
- Work closely with internal board designers, outside vendors, third party consultants, and project managers to ensure schedules and deliverables are met
- Establish and adhere to aggressive and dynamic project timelines
- Refine product design concepts for manufacturability and cost savings
- Design and modify CAD parts/assemblies/drawings using SolidWorks
- Evaluate complex thermal systems and interactions
- Develop assembly drawings and maintain BOM’s
- Manage part databases
- FloTherm and FEA experience a plus
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Must demonstrate proficiency using SolidWorks
- Must have knowledge of advanced machining practices, molding and die casting, sheet metal and rapid prototyping processes
- Must be able to visualize and manipulate complex 3d interactions
- Experience with airflow testing, data acquisition, and thermal dynamics a plus
- Hands on lab experience and experience with prototyping and fabrication a plus
- 5-15 years experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.