Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
The SQA Engineering Co-op will perform one or more of the following tasks while working on Acacia’s world class optical communication products. The Co-op will be assigned relevant work assignments to challenge them according to their current level of experience and capability. Acacia is well known for developing ground-breaking products in short time intervals. To support new product development at an exciting pace the SQA team is challenged to architect, develop and maintain test automation software using scalable and maintainable methods. If you have a passion for test automation, working on complex systems and for delivering high quality best-in-class technology, then this position is calling your name.
The Co-op may find themselves working in the following areas:
- Contribute to design and development of test plans, test facilities and test automation software (C++, C#, Python or LabVIEW)
- Execute manual and automated tests on new Acacia product software releases under supervision of senior SQA team members
- Work closely with senior SQA team members to resolve issues by analyzing Acacia product under test while using various measurement instruments and automated debug software
- Document detailed test results; analyze test results data for trends and anomalies
The Co-op will learn to produce high quality code that is robust and maintainable.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters degree majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electronic or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of Python™
- Knowledge of C# or C++
- Knowledge of LabVIEW
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
Highly Desired Skills:
- Passion about engineering
- Enjoys working with hardware AND software
- Enjoys working in lab environments
- Likes to be challenged to understand system and figure out ways to break it
- Previous internship experience
- Local candidates preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.