Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
Our optical communications technology company would like to bring on a Marketing Intern for the summer. The successful candidate will be enrolled full-time in a major university or college and studying marketing or communications. We're looking for a driven, ambitious individual who wants to create a career in brand management, content marketing, events, and social media. We provide guidance and support, as well as the opportunity to experience the industry from the inside and gain valuable work experience.
If you're looking for an internship experience that will immerse you in a fast-paced, innovative environment where you can make an impact then we'd like to hear from you.
Responsibilities and duties
- Brainstorm new ideas for content creation on social and the web
- Manage and leverage our editorial calendar to come up with content around launches, events, and campaigns
- Create and promote compelling images, infographics, and content to be used on social, blogs, external sites
- Interview our subject matter experts to communicate optical networking content
- Write blog posts and short form content to be included on our blog, social media accounts and internal and external sites
- Manage brand assets including determining a corporate vendor for promotional products and on demand printing
- Monitor social channels for trending news, ideas and memes, then capitalize on those trends through our social media accounts
- Manage marketing department content on Intranet
- Make updates to web site
- Analyze and report web site and social media metrics
- Provide support for industry events
- Research marketing automation tools and applications and provide recommendation on which to purchase to enable Account Based Marketing
Qualifications and skills
- Enrollment in a Bachelor's degree program required (Seniors and Juniors preferred)
- Strong writing skills and creativity are required
- Familiarity with social media strategies and platforms
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative and work independently
- Hardworking and dedicated outlook
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status